CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Ramblings...

You know that commerical that says "Having a baby changes everything"? Well, I think I might make one that says "Having a child die changes you". Almost 7 months later and people still expect me to be the same person I once was.

I have changed over the years. I am not the person I was before Lance or even the person I was during his life. Death changes things...especially the death of your child. I will never, ever be the same. People need to just leave me alone. If I want your company, I'll let you know.

I admit I have alienated myself from people since his death and people worry this is not healthy. To me, it is very healthy. I surround myself with the people who understand, not the ones who question.

Believe it or not, I am quite happy with my life at the moment. Of course, I miss Lance. That will never stop, I'll never heal from this but I will survive it.

Tina

2 comments:

Cassandra said...

Some people just want you to stop hurting, some people think that if they treat you the same before lances death, that you wont hurt as much.

I know that death changes you. Ever since my dad died, i have never been the same. I can't do certain things or hear about things, so i feel for you.

I also hate when people say "im sorry" like they could have done something to stop him from dying.

It's going to be hard to do this, especially in the begining, but you have to have compassion for the people around you. They are just trying to help, or don't understand.

You are a great person and always in my thoughts and prayers

Jackie said...

I think you're completely right. you need to do what you need to do to be surrounded by people who understand, and also people who care.

I also, will never be the same, and people expect me to just go back to being the happy person I used to be. I never will.

Death does change everything and you have to deal with it the way that makes you happy. You're doing a wonderful job doing it and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

You are a wonderful person and mother!
You will forever be in my prayers!

Love,
Jackie